Adults Need Vaccines Too!
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
As an adult, it is important to keep up with your vaccines! Being vaccinated ensures you are keeping yourself and those around you safe from disease.
Such vaccines include:
- Seasonal influenza (flu) (for all adults)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) (for all adults who have not previously received the Tdap vaccine and for women during each pregnancy)
- Tetanus and diphtheria (every 10 years following Tdap vaccine)
- Shingles (for adults 60 years and older)
- Pneumococcal disease (for adults 65 years and older and adults younger than 65 who have specific health conditions)
Other vaccinations you may need include those that protect against human papillomavirus (which can cause certain cancers), meningococcal disease, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, chickenpox, measles, mumps, and rubella.
Call us today if you are in need of a vaccine!